Revised February 2017: Our 2017 SpringSing honour choir will be held in Maple Ridge on April 24, May 1, 8 and 15. Participants will perform at our year-end benefit concert on May 27th.
Nomination deadline: April 12, 2017; Registration deadline: April 19, 2017
Twice a year, we offer a 4-week choral program which challenges and enhances the learning of singers in grades 4 to 7 who have been nominated by their school music teachers: SpringSing Girls Choir in May/June and WinterSong Girls Choir in November/December. These choral programs take place in various regions of Metro Vancouver.
Singers take part in 4 Monday evening rehearsals (90-minutes per rehearsal) and then perform in concert with the BC Girls Choir. The girls learn 3 to 5 pieces, enhance their singing skills and sense of group accountability and they, in turn, encourage music students at their school.
We keep the fees very low at $50 – just enough to cover our costs.
- When: Monday evenings in May (SpringSing)
- Time: 5:00 to 6:30 pm
- Location: Varies. For the 2016/2017 season, our WinterSong program was held in North Vancouver and our SpringSing program will be in Maple Ridge
Benefits to Singers:
- represent their school in the community;
- sing with girls from other schools and other school districts;
- gain confidence in their vocal abilities;
- experience the joy of challenging themselves, musically and personally; and
- have fun!
- open to girls in grades 4 to 7 who love to sing
- must be able to match pitch
“I was so impressed with the BC Girls Choir and the WinterSong Choir. Wow! The singing was magnificent! And I really enjoyed how the girls moved so confidently into their places. A truly amazing concert. Well done! I was so proud of my students and it was so thoughtful of you to acknowledge us music teachers! Thank you so much for such a wonderful afternoon!”
~ Elizabeth McFarlane, music teacher at Capilano Elementary School, who nominated some of her students for the WinterSong Choir on the North Shore, in November, 2015.
Interested students: Speak with your school music teacher directly or contact us for more information.
If you have been nominated by your teacher, please contact us to and we will send you the registration information.