New location and day for SpringSing 2019!
Outreach program for girls in grades 4 to 7
Every Spring, we offer a 4-week choral program which challenges and enhances the learning of singers in grades 4 to 7 who have been nominated by their school music teacher. This choral program takes place in various regions of Metro Vancouver.
Singers take part in 4 rehearsals (90-minutes per rehearsal) and then perform in concert with the BC Girls Choir. The girls learn 3 to 5 pieces, enhance their singing skills and sense of group accountability and they, in turn, encourage music students at their school.
We keep the fees very low at $60 – just enough to cover our costs.
- When: Saturday mornings, April 27, May 4, 11 & 25
- Time: 9:30 am – 11:00 am
- Location: Coquitlam
Benefits to Singers:
- represent their school in the community;
- sing with girls from other schools and other school districts;
- gain confidence in their vocal abilities;
- experience the joy of challenging themselves, musically and personally; and
- have fun!
- open to girls in grades 4 to 7 who love to sing
- must be able to match pitch
Nomination deadline: Friday, April 5, 2019
- Teachers can nominate students online, by email or by fax;
- Please direct your questions to Kathy Scull, Registrar, at 604-761-7253 or email@example.com.
Registration deadline: Monday, April 15, 2019
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the online registration link
“I was so impressed with the BC Girls Choir education outreach program. Wow! The singing was magnificent! And I really enjoyed how the girls moved so confidently into their places. A truly amazing concert. Well done! I was so proud of my students and it was so thoughtful of you to acknowledge us music teachers! Thank you so much for such a wonderful afternoon!”
~ Elizabeth McFarlane, music teacher at Capilano Elementary School, who has consistently nominated singers to our outreach programs.
Interested students: Speak with your school music teacher directly or contact us for more information.