Our next SpringSing program starts on April 30th in Burnaby
Outreach program for girls in grades 5 to 7
Twice a year, we offer a 4-week choral program which challenges and enhances the learning of singers in grades 5 to 7 who have been nominated by their school music teachers: SpringSing Girls Choir in May/June and WinterSong Girls Choir in November/December. These choral programs take place in various regions of Metro Vancouver.
Singers take part in 4 Monday evening rehearsals (90-minutes per rehearsal) and then perform in concert with the BC Girls Choir. The girls learn 3 to 5 pieces, enhance their singing skills and sense of group accountability and they, in turn, encourage music students at their school.
- The program runs from April 30th – May 28th and participants will sing in our June 2nd matinee.
- Teachers will receive more details about this year’s SpringSing program by Spring Break.
- Rehearsal and matinee location is Cariboo Hill Temple, 7195 Cariboo Road, Burnaby
- April 13, 2018 – Nomination deadline
- April 25, 2018 – Registration deadline
We keep the fees very low at $60 – just enough to cover our costs.
- When: Monday evenings in November (WinterSong) or May (SpringSing)
- Time: 5:00 to 6:30 pm
- Location: Varies
Benefits to Singers:
- represent their school in the community;
- sing with girls from other schools and other school districts;
- gain confidence in their vocal abilities;
- experience the joy of challenging themselves, musically and personally; and
- have fun!
- open to girls in grades 5 to 7 who love to sing
- must be able to match pitch
“I was so impressed with the BC Girls Choir and the WinterSong Choir. Wow! The singing was magnificent! And I really enjoyed how the girls moved so confidently into their places. A truly amazing concert. Well done! I was so proud of my students and it was so thoughtful of you to acknowledge us music teachers! Thank you so much for such a wonderful afternoon!”
~ Elizabeth McFarlane, music teacher at Capilano Elementary School, who has consistently nominated singers to our outreach programs.
Interested students: Speak with your school music teacher directly or contact us for more information.