Twice a year, we offer a 4-week choral program which challenges and enhances the learning of singers in grades 4 to 7 who have been nominated by their school music teachers: SpringSing Girls Choir in May/June and WinterSong Girls Choir in November/December. These choral programs take place in various regions of Metro Vancouver.
Singers take part in 4 Monday evening rehearsals (90-minutes per rehearsal) and then perform in concert with the BC Girls Choir. The girls learn 3 to 5 pieces, enhance their singing skills and sense of group accountability and they, in turn, encourage music students at their school.
We keep the fees very low at $60 – just enough to cover our costs.
- When: Monday evenings in November (WinterSong) or May (SpringSing)
- Time: 5:00 to 6:30 pm
- Location: Varies
Benefits to Singers:
- represent their school in the community;
- sing with girls from other schools and other school districts;
- gain confidence in their vocal abilities;
- experience the joy of challenging themselves, musically and personally; and
- have fun!
- open to girls in grades 4 to 7 who love to sing
- must be able to match pitch
“I was so impressed with the BC Girls Choir and the WinterSong Choir. Wow! The singing was magnificent! And I really enjoyed how the girls moved so confidently into their places. A truly amazing concert. Well done! I was so proud of my students and it was so thoughtful of you to acknowledge us music teachers! Thank you so much for such a wonderful afternoon!”
~ Elizabeth McFarlane, music teacher at Capilano Elementary School, who nominated some of her students for the WinterSong Choir on the North Shore, in November, 2015.
Interested students: Speak with your school music teacher directly or contact us for more information.